Monday, March 30, 2015

Percy Jackson And The Olympians - The Lightning Thief




The Lightning Thief is a mystical, adventurous and simply fascinating book by Rick Riordan. This novel is about a 12-year-old kid named Percy Jackson.

Percy Jackson
 is in the 6th grade. He always gets kicked out of school. And simply weird things keep happening to him. On a field trip to a museum, he accidentally vaporizes his pre-algebra teacher, Mrs. Dodds. This sets off a chain of events, leading him to discover all the Greek mythological gods and monsters are real, he is the son of a Greek god, and he is the primary suspect to have stolen Zeus's extremely powerful bolt of lightning. Along with his new friends, Percy has only 10 days to catch the true thief and return Zeus’s bolt to stop a huge and disastrous war. And all of that while battling monsters and avoiding traps along the way

I like this book because it is adventurous, mysterious and unique. I love the way Riordan slowly unravels the story while never letting the reader’s attention stray. This book keeps me hooked and makes me never want to stop reading it. I think the plot is simply fascinating. This book is a mystical masterpiece.

I recommend this book to readers age 10+.



 

8 comments:

  1. I like your book review. I'm 10 and in 4th grade and have read all the Rick Riordan books. In first grade, I was lucky enough to get to see him at a book signing. He's really cool. Have you seen the movie? It's not as good and has so many mistakes.

    I'm going to follow your blog. Check out my blog if you have time: http://www.gabrielsreads.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you actually saw him!!!?? You are so lucky, I wish I had such a chance! As for the movie, no I have not seen it, but I am planning to, as soon as I get the chance. And yes, I will check out your blog as soon as I get a moment.

      Delete
  2. I like your blog a lot! I am a new kid blogger and about the same age. I live in America.
    I love Rick Riordan books too. Have you read any of his other books? The Kane Chronicles are also really good. I once got to see him and get a book signed by him.
    Please look at my blog too: http://www.gabrielsreads.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read the entire series of 'Percy Jackson and The Olympians'. I have also started reading the other Camp Half--Blood series. Other than that, I have not read any of the other books by him, although I will check them out soon.

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This sounds awesome!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    P.S. I LOVE your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is awesome. Did you read the book? I love it.

      Delete
  4. I have read some of the Percy Jackson books and all of them have been great! Your review on The Lightning Thief could never be more correct. The movie is great too......Have you seen it? They should come out with more for every book in the series. I love this book so much I've read it twice. I started up on the Kane Chronicles and they're pretty good too. Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the movie pretty recently, and I have to agree with Gabriel and say that it is not as good as the book. I also read the Kane Chronicles recently and I only wish Rick Riordan had written more than 3 books in the series.

      Delete

Sharaan Nature Reserve

You could never get tired of visiting the desertscapes of Al Ula. The stunning landscape - magnificent arches and towers of sandstone mounta...